Squat exercises are great for a total lower body workout. They are one exercise which should be part of everyone’s workout routine – regardless of age, gender or fitness goals. You can do squats, anywhere as you are only using your own body weight.
10 BENEFITS OF SQUATS AND WHY YOU SHOULD TRY DOING SQUAT EXERCISES
- Squat exercises help build muscles throughout your body. Increase Entire Body Strength & Muscle.
- Squat exercises improve your circulation, so that you can forget about the cellulite!
- Squat exercises are even good for the digestion.
- Squats are non-impact and don’t put a strain on your back.
- You can do squat exercises anywhere and you don’t need any accessories or equipment.
- Maintain Mobility and Balance.You will walk like a beauty queen!
- Squat exercises burn fat and can help you to lose weight.
- Squats help keep your knees supple and strong, improving your flexibility and preventing injury. Build healthy bones and joints.
- Squats exercises tone your whole leg. Tone Your Abs, Legs and Butt.
- Get rounder butt!
How to Do a Common Squat Exercise
- Stand with your feet hip width apart.
- Tighten and pull in your abdominal muscles.
- Lower your body as if you were going to sit in a chair. Keep the motion slow.
- Stop when your legs are parallel to the floor.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds.
- Now press down onto your heels and slowly rise back up to a standing position.
- Repeat the exercise for a total of 2 to 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps.
- Be sure to rest for 60 to 90 seconds between sets.