5 Healthy habits if you want to lose the weight
1. One of the most effective strategies for losing weight and sticking to your diet is to plan ahead. Do not wait until you are hungry to decide what to eat. Plan your meals and go shopping when you feel full. Unhealthy options will be easier to pass by.
2. Do not save up calories for one big meal. Eat five or six small meals or snacks a day instead of three large meals. If you eat a large meal, you dump large amounts of fuel into your system at one time – more fuel than your body needs. The excess fuel gets stored as fat.
3. Eat breakfast. It’ll energize you for the day and keep your diet in check. Research has consistently shown that the people who successfully lose weight are the ones that wake up and eat.
4. If you are hungry between meals, try eating a small portion of food that is high in protein. It can be more effective to eat one piece of cheese or some yoghurt or nuts than to eat bread or crackers or other snack foods.
5. Finish eating three hours before bedtime. Your metabolism slows down when you sleep so you shift from fat burning to fat storage.